How Foreigners Can Buy a Cheap Used Car in South Korea: A Practical Guide
Here are 10 easy and p
opular Korean slang words, explained in simple English with real-life examples.
Meaning: Something genuine or truly good
Example:
This restaurant is 찐 good. (It’s the real deal.)
Meaning: Extremely good or lucky
Example:
No work tomorrow? That’s 개꿀!
Meaning: A sudden moment of realizing reality
Example:
I had fun shopping… then 현타 hit when I saw my credit card bill.
Meaning: No solution, impossible situation
Example:
His attitude is totally 노답.
Meaning: Doing something just to get attention
Example:
That title is pure 어그로.
Meaning: Criticizing someone for no good reason
Example:
That comment feels like 억까, not fair criticism.
Meaning: Feeling shocked or mentally overwhelmed
Example:
I forgot my passport. Total 멘붕.
Meaning: Feeling irritated in a humorous way
Example:
His jokes are so bad they’re 킹받아.
Meaning: To end a relationship or stop something completely
Example:
I had to 손절 that toxic friend.
Meaning: Very entertaining / Not fun at all
Example:
The concert was 꿀잼, but the movie was 노잼.
Understanding slang helps you:
Sound more natural in conversations
Understand Korean social media & memes
Enjoy K-dramas and K-pop interviews more deeply
Start using these slang words, and your Korean will instantly feel more native and fun.
Comments